By Tony Rich
Allstate Peterbilt Group
If you have 2010 or newer units in your fleet, you already know there are additional requirements for maintaining the aftertreatment system. But, are you aware of the recommended maintenance schedules for ALL of the components? Staying ahead of these practices will not only help you increase uptime, but prevent significant repair costs.
Here’s a quick list of the aftertreatment components that require scheduled maintenance:
• Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Fuel Doser
• DPF Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC )
• Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR ) Doser
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Pump Filter
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler
• Overhead Valve Adjustments
• Aftertreatment Sensors & Wiring Harnesses
Click Here for detailed maintenance recommendations for PACCAR MX engines. Cummins engines follow very similar maintenance requirements and intervals. Please check with your service representative for specific recommendations.
To avoid warning lights and breakdowns, it is crucial to follow these maintenance recommendations for your fleet.
Find an Allstate Peterbilt Group service location near you.
More From Allstate Peterbilt
Famous Highways in the US
We are all in our little corner of the world. It is easy to forget ...read more
Can Section 179 Benefit You and Your Business?
Can Section 179 Benefit You and Your Business? December is upon us! And what comes after ...read more